Monday, July 27, 2015

Week 43/44 - Bad News

Alright So I am just going to get this over with because you're going to find out sooner or later...So this happened...



Long story, but needless to say I am alive and well!!!!! I am also 200% kidding, I hope I got you a little though! I couldn't help but try!!!!! Especially as you didn't hear anything from me last week, it was to precious an opportunity to pass up! Don't worry though, the lady we live with is a paramedic, and she let us take a picture, quality right?

Well this week was great!!!!! There was so many amazing miracles!!!!!! But first, re-cap of last, last week!!!!!


Well Yellowstone was great!!!!!! Check it out!!!!!!






It was way cool actually!!!!! Probably my favorite part of the trip was this guy we met!!!! So I cant remember his name...it was Asian and hard! But we've been calling him Ty, because he's from Taiwan...Anyway, while we were walking the park everyone kept looking at us, apparently they hadn't seen someone with a Skirt and a name tag before! Just kidding it was great, tons of teachings opportunities! So Ty stops us as we are walking by, and he says "Sisters, why are you sisters?" so we were like SWEET!!!! Gospel time! But then he stops us and is like "wait, what I mean is, why are you sisters here?" We tell him and he's like that's cool, but then he tells us his conversion story!!!!! Turns out he joined the church 4 years ago in Taiwan, he still lives there, but he came to Idaho/Wyoming to visit his missionary, the one he says was instrumental in him joining the church!!!!! He talked to us about the church in Taiwan, and he says it's strong, and doing great!!!! He loves the Gospel and was so excited to see us!!!! It was way cool to get to talk to him!!!! Just goes to show the Church is true no mater where you go, and people are flocking to the truth everywhere!!!!! The coolest part of the experience came as we walked away though, Ty sat down, and he was with friends who weren't members, they inquired who we were, and Ty began to share and teach his friends about the Gospel and missionaries!!!!! It was amazing to see this young member express his testimony, and teach others just how Glorious this Gospel is!!!!! The park was beautiful, but that one experience easily made the trip for me, it was better than any sight I saw all day. Just think  the seeds Ty was planting, things of the lives changing all over the world because people aren't afraid to open there mouths and share what they know to be true! Sure it was a small example, but it meant the world for me to see! Because when I see that, I see and truly understand that all my brothers and sisters near and far, are getting the chance to learn, and are truly coming unto Christ!!!!! It's so cool!!!!!!!

Funny Story at Yellowstone...So I needed to pee...like bad! Great start right?! Well we get to the bathroom, and I am finally thinking I'll have relief, well then I walk in and see this OH THE TORTURE!!!!!! OH THE PAIN!!!!!!



But I did find some humor, in the fact that the toilet was made in china, and consequently so was the pee!!!!! Now why would I take a picture, well I thought it was funny enough to suffer a little longer, but then I started laughing and that didn't help the situation...but thankfully I got it cleaned up in time before I burst!!!!!! It was gross, but you got to admit, it was a little funny!!!!!

Another highlight of this last week was actually a concert that came to town (I promise we do missionary work, I feel like most the stories today look like we're lazy, but really we do work! No need to fear!!!!!). So this concert is called Nashville Tribute Band, maybe you've heard of them, maybe you haven't...If you haven't I would invite you to repent and listen! Truly Amazing, might I suggest their Redeemer CD, it's so phenomenal!!!!! Well Nashville Tribute came into town, and we were given permission to go, assuming we had an investigator! Well DUH!!!! As great as it was it would have been a waste of time if we weren't inviting someone to come unto Christ!!!!!!! But something really needs to be said about the spirit that was felt there. It was truly amazing!!!!! It really just goes to show and shows the truth of that scripture in D&C 25:12 how it talks about how the song of the righteous is a prayer, well this concert was a definite testimony of that!!!! I was all devoted to the Savior, his life and ministry. The beginning of the concert even started with a prayer after they were having tons of technical difficulties, they stopped and bore testimony of how they pray and ask their Heavenly Father for help when they struggle, so that's exactly what they did! Truly amazing!!!! As the concert continued on the man man Jason, bore a direct testimony of who his Savior is to him, and as he did this our investigator Joe (the one in the Orange) turned to us and said, that's who my Savior is to, we believe in the same Christ!!!!! Well Yes Joe you do, and now Joe is preparing to be baptized. Did the concert have everything to do with that? No, definitely not, but the spirit that was there definitely helped, I am so grateful for great examples, and disciples of Jesus Christ who truly bear witness of him everywhere they go! Those guys truly are a light in the world, and are making a great difference, I cant wait to see what they do next!!!!!



Another great event!!!!! One of our investigators who dropped, let us come back and teach him!!!!! It was so amazing!!!!!! My heart was breaking at first because he asked us to come over and we set an appointment, but then we almost had to cancel it!!!! See we have trail parks in our area that don't have the best people (according to the worlds standards) so for us to go in there as a safety precaution we have to have a priesthood holder go with us. Well it's not usually a problem, but it was in the middle of the day, and we couldn't find anyone to come with us!!!!! My heart was breaking!!!! I love this investigator so much, and I was overjoyed at the fact that we could meet with him again!!!!!! Well I started to get a little upset, are we going to keep this man from learning about Christ because of a rule? Chances are nothing bad would happen, but I knew we needed to be obedient and listen to what our priesthood holders had asked, after all they were just trying to keep us safe. So I stopped and said a prayer, and just asked Heavenly Father I love this person so much, I know they need help, and I really want to see them, if it be thy will, please make it possible. Well I stand up and we wait just a little longer, then one awesome RM texts us and says "I am work, but I know this is more important, I'll come right now!" HALLELUJAH!!!! What a miracle!!!!! I am so grateful for even small things like that, small examples that show us the Lord is truly aware, and he answers each of our prayers. Would it really have made a difference if we hadn't gone that day? Or even the minute? Probably not, he said we could come, but it meant alot to me, and the Lord knew that, and he helped! Truly amazing!!!!!!!

Well this week was highlighted with tons of great stuff, but you see I have a problem with this thing called distraction...I am working on it though...Anyway, now I am kind of out of time...but I am going to go fast, are you ready for speed experiences?

Alright so we taught the WOW to one of our investigators and he this week he starts drinking a beer in one of our lessons...awkward...well as he is drinking he is like this is gross, like super disgusting! So we of course responded "it's because Heavenly Father doesn't want you drinking it" a little sassy maybe but he stops and is like "you know, you're right" so he walks to the sink and dumps it down the drain!!!! Crazy!!!!! Even cooler later that night another investigator is smoking a cigarette and it gets blown out, and he is like dang why does that keep happening, so we tried our new found power out and said it was because Heavenly Father didn't want him to smoke, and he said I know!!!! WHAT?! so now two of our investigators are truly truly striving to give everything up because they know God wants them to!!!! So cool!!!!!!

We also taught a first discussion to these two drunk guys (we didn't know they were at first) I don't know why but this week dealt with a ton of drinking...never any on our part of course!!!!! and they were so amazing!!! So cool!!! So ready for the Gospel even in their drunk state you could tell the only reason they relied on it was because they had nothing else, but they were so excited at the prospect of relying on God instead!!!! Truly amazing!!!!!!

We also had interviews with our mission president this week, which were so different!!! But so cool!!!!!! He is amazing!! and I am so excited to work with him and his wife!!!! He came up to Afton yesterday for church and then he had lunch with us which was great!!!! He really cracks me up!!!!! I can tell alot is going to change, but truly he is inspired for this mission at this time!!!!

So this week we also got to teach a first discussion in Spanish!!!!! Dang the gift of Tongues is real!!!!! We shared the first vision and prayed in all Spanish and didn't have to many fumbles!!!!! It is truly amazing how the spirit works!!!!! And this week that same investigator is making us Mexican food!!! HALLA!!!! So excited!!!!!

So this week I was watching the funeral service for President Packer, guess who I saw?!




Also I thought this was funny!!!!!


Anyway I have no more time! Thanks for being so great!!!!! Have an amazing week!!!!!!

Love,
Sister Kaycie Sondrup




© 2015 Microsoft Terms Privacy & cookies Developers English (United States)

   

No comments:

Post a Comment